We Start By Listening to Your Story
You have a story to tell. Whether your case involves family law, criminal defense, child support or any of the practice areas our full-service law firm handles, you will want to tell us how you found yourself in your current situation. We want to listen. We want to listen not only because we know you need to get things off your chest…
We Build a Legal Strategy Based on Your Goals
Once we know what your goals are, we will build a legal strategy. When we use the word strategy, we mean it. Our Las Vegas divorce attorneys do not believe in bulldog-style representation, because that style’s unchecked aggression is more likely to prove ineffective due to all of the solutions that are overlooked during the race to tear the opponent apart…
We Are A Detailed, Dependable & Diligent Las Vegas Law Firm
As we build a legal strategy, we will keep you involved. You will understand the thought process that led us to the suggestions we make, and you will be made aware of the various alternatives and the opposition’s strengths and weaknesses. Additionally, unlike other attorneys, you will be sent a copy of any document or correspondence filed, sent or received in your case…
How Do I Save Money On My Las Vegas Divorce?
A common question we would often receive when representing clients would concern saving money during the course of your Las Vegas Divorce. Often times the mood and flow of your divorce can be an emotional rollercoaster as each spouse deals with the ever changing emotions of each aspect of their case. Often cases seem destined to be open and shut easy negotiations until something arises that will trigger an emotional response from one of the parties often resulting in a stalemate of sorts in the case. These are areas that often can not be foreseen by other parties and all will have some effect on the overall cost of your divorce. Of course with that being said, often times it is exactly the opposite. Opposing sides will often reach a conclusion through their legal representation and avoid having to battle in courts for a fair settlement.
Remember, when hiring a divorce lawyer it is a major financial commitment. A Las Vegas family law attorney can cost you anywhere from $250.00 an hour to $700.00 an hour. Although more money does not necessarily mean you will have a better lawyer, to a large extent, you get what you pay for. While not every divorce action necessitates extensive discovery, expert witnesses and depositions, minimal investigation is required in virtually every divorce.
One of the biggest complaints levied at attorneys is that we do not return telephone calls. While it is our practice to return telephone calls the same day, or at latest, within 24 hours of receiving any message, if we were to take every call from every client every day, we would never have time to do the work you hired us for. Further, if you call your lawyer every time you have any question, your money will go quickly. In order to minimize your frustration, let me offer some suggestions:
1. Consolidate your calls and emails. Rather than call your attorney every time you have a question, write down your questions and unless it is an emergency, consolidate your questions into one call or email, rather than three or four. Most lawyers will charge you a minimum fee for any telephone conversation so you can save money by calling fewer times. Most attorneys do not mind taking your telephone calls whenever you have a question, but you may not like it much when you get your bill at the end of the month. Further, many lawyers charge less for an email than telephone conversations. More important, if your lawyer doesn’t know the answer off the top of his head and has to charge you for a second call, he or she can research and email you with an appropriate answer. More important, you don’t have to try to remember what your lawyer told you or misunderstand what you were told, you have a written record.
2. Whenever possible, speak with your lawyer’s staff. Staff can generally answer most non-legal questions and you are billed less, if at all, for their time.
3. Organize your documents, thoughts and promptly provide your attorney with any information or answers he or she requests. Every time an attorney has to follow up or request information a second time, it costs you money.
At Pecos Law Group, our priority is your case and your representation. If you are in need of a divorce or other Las Vegas Family Law related issues, we urge you to contact us today at 702-388-1851.
Bruce Shapiro Named Las Vegas Family Law Attorney Of The Year For 2016
CALL NOW AT 702-388-1851
OR FILL OUT BELOW FORM TO GET STARTED
Pecos Law Group is a full-service law firm that serves Henderson and Las Vegas.
Family law issues are almost always stressful and worrisome. Whether it’s divorce or child custody issues,you will find peace of mind when you enlist the Pecos Law Group. You will feel confident that your rights will be protected when you have one of our experienced attorneys on your side.
You will benefit directly from our lawyers’ experience, because you will work one on one with your attorney. ..
Writs and Appeals
Judges and juries are not perfect. The results of a trial can affect you for a lifetime. If you lost your case at trial and the judge or jury made a mistake, you may be able to appeal the judgment. Likewise, if during the litigation, the judge makes an order that might cause you to suffer irreparable harm, but an appeal is not allowed, you may be able to seek a writ from the Nevada Supreme Court to correct the problem…
When facing an important decision that will have a major impact on your life, it might be advisable that you do not only rely on one opinion. Just like visiting the doctor and receiving a diagnosis, if you have questions about your legal rights and options regarding a family law issue it is not unreasonable to seek out a second opinion. And just like a pressing medical concern, time is of the essence in a legal matter because there are statutory deadlines…
Financial analysis, assistance and solutions
Pecos Law Group has an unparalleled department of financial professionals to assist in all aspects of your divorce case. Pecos Law Group is the only law firm in the state to have a Certified Public Account, an M.B.A. and a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst on staff.
Las Vegas QDRO
Some call them Quatros. Others call them Kudros. The term “QDRO,” which is an acronym, stands for “Qualified Domestic Relations Order.” Unless you have gone through a divorce and had a qualified retirement plan, you probably have never heard of this term
A QDRO is an order issued in a divorce proceeding for a retirement plan to pay a spouse or former spouse his or her community property rights in a retirement plan. A QDRO can also order the plan to pay child support and/or alimony to a spouse, former spouse, child or other dependent of the plan participant.
Las Vegas Divorce Lawyer
Looking for a top rated Las Vegas Divorce Lawyer?
No law firm in Las Vegas has more family law experience than Pecos Law Group. When you need to pick the best representation, one law firm will stand out. That is Pecos Law. Divorce is a difficult time and no one has more experience than we do in helping you through this time.
Need Legal Help, Contact Us Today
Call our office at 702-388-1851 to speak to one of our top-rated attorneys and learn more about the legal options for your case.
- Thank you
- I write this in recommendation to others who need expert legal advice and as gratitude to Pecos Law Group. While my experience was personally trying, I had no doubts I was getting top quality legal representation with Mr. Shapiro. When I needed it, Mr. Shapiro was supportive in his approach but also very straightforward when discussing outcomes and what I could expect. An uncertain situation became manageable through his organization, efficiency, and knowledge of the family court system. I always felt Mr. Shapiro was being candid and trustworthy. He was transparent at every step and made complex legal issues easy to understand. His responsiveness to me, and my case, was exceptional in every sense. Good lawyers are hard to find and once you find them, they’re keepers. I give Mr. Shapiro and Pecos Law Group my highest recommendation. E.M.Testimonial
- “Honest, Caring and Professional”
Recent Legal News
Legal decisions that residents of Las Vegas may find interesting.
How can we help you?
Whether your case involves family law, criminal defense or any other practice area our full-service firm handles, you can be confident that you are in good hands.
We will work hard to achieve your goals.